- ALS ice bucket challenge helps raise millions of dollars
- india finally knocked down the trashiest and most corrupt government ever by coming together and voting in the world’s largest election + the first election where india offered third gender recognition
- the wedding ceremony during the grammy awards
- afghan women defy taliban and exercise their right to vote
- team work helps save man whose leg was wedged between the train tracks
- the rise of laverne cox which has helped shed light on transgender issues that have been ignored for so long + janet mock being another great idol in the battle + this + im sorry she’s just so amazing
- young adult fiction by trans authors + release of tfios featuring both the main characters living with disabilities
- the oscars were brilliant this year. a lesbian host. the record breaking selfie. and let’s not forget 12 years a slave winning the oscar for best supporting actress (lupita!) and best picture making history as the first movie from a black director to win the film industry’s highest honor in 86 years.
- the brilliant idea of solar roadways + the money it raised
- pope francis and dalai lama both voice support for lgbtq community
- #YesAllWomen raising awareness on sexism and misogyny + #AllMenCan stand up for women + #LikeAGirl + #BringBackOurGirls + (X) + more feminism because why not
- Legalization of same-sex marriage: England and Wales (13 March), Oregon (19 May), Pennsylvania (20 May), Illinois (1 June)
- + united nations release bollywood music video of an indian gay wedding
- brazil and india ban animal testing of cosmetics
- 8-year-old claudia burkill is the first person in the world to beat brain cancer
- 12-year old shubham banerjee invents braille printer using lego sets
- reading rainbow and the representation project
- so many amazing and positive music videos encouraging you to love yourself (like this and this)
- this amazing man who was a part of the ferguson protests + volunteers taking up teaching children so that they dont miss out on their education + basically humanity coming together for justice (this is so important because these issues are finally getting the attention they deserve which is so important to help discover the root of the problem in order to wipe it out completely)
- starbucks to provide free college ed
- social media in general has become such a major platform for fighting back against stereotypes and oppression (X) (X) (X) (X)
- major 2014 movies with female directors
- lucy li becomes youngest qualified player to ever play in the U.S. Women’s Open.
- harvey milk: first openly gay politician to grace stamp
- raju the elephant is finally rescued after 50 years of torture and abuse
- in more lighter, pop culture-related news: destiny’s child reunion. hilary duff’s comeback. bryan cranston and aaron paul’s reunion. katherine heigl and kate walsh returning to television. jimmy fallon’s new show also kickstarted this year and has been amazing so far. oh oh and also THIS.
- there’s a whole lot more but it’s 4 am right now and i need to get some sleep. i do acknowledge all the horrific and tragic events that have taken place this year, don’t get me wrong. but i also believe it’s very unhealthy to concentrate on the negative all the time and people should be encouraged to celebrate the good too. life is too short to not live in the moment. so i hope this helped you feel better, thank you for your question! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
THANK YOU SO MUCH
if someone says they dont want to be touched
- dont touch them
- dont fucking touch them
- actually dont touch them
- dont continue to fucking touch them after they make it clear they are uncomfortable
- THIS ISNT FUCKING HARD DONT FUCKING TOUCH THEM
also dont continue touching them bc you think their reaction is cute
Especially the last point
- Peter geeking out because Captain freakin’ America is listening to his mixtape on his Walkman and omg is he bobbing his head to the music OMG YES
- Tony nerding out over Peter’s helmet, flicking it on and off and on and off and promising himself Yup, my suit’s gonna do this, in less time and it’s gonna be way cooler too, thanks
- Gamora and Natasha regarding each other with respect but also warily because badass assassins know what other badass assassins are capable of and all their loved ones are within killing range
- Gamora pretending not to be interested in the handsome Captain or his broody friend with the metal arm and their muscles
- Rocket not bothering to pretend that he’s not interested in that metal arm and Yeah, we might need that later, pal, trust me
- Thor arm wrestling with Drax and Groot
- Clint and Rocket snarking at each other and secretly enjoying it
- The Hulk responding surprisingly amiably to Groot’s words
- Groot giving the Hulk a delicate little flower from his palm
- The Hulk shrinking until Bruce is there holding the flower with an utterly peaceful look on his face
- Sam and Tony studying the thrusters of Peter’s boots and No Stark I don’t need those on my wings, what did I tell you about messing with them and Wilson, Wilson, don’t you see what we have here, let me upgrade your wings, please
- The pizza delivery kid hauling 30 pizzas up to Avengers’ Tower and being greeted at the front door by a smart mouth raccoon and a walking tree and Tony Stark with a weird helmet on his face and a scary guy with a metal arm who grunts keep the change and he thinks, how is this my life every other friday, how
"we almost dated" is such a weird relationship to have with someone
Favourite Supernatural episodes » 1.11: Scarecrow
I did not realize that this got 400+ notes I think we all need a support group
Ahahaha I feel like I kind of copped out because I’ve been getting asked for Potter!Punks for ages, and never really was able to draw something I was satisfied with and now these are only busts instead of full bodies. OOPS. Sorry. Maybe one day I’ll do full body images, because I have about a million more tattoo ideas.
#Harry Potter#Ron Weasley#Hermione Granger#Potter Punks#Okay because I know people will ask#but the description is already long:#Harry’s tattoos are#stag antlers on the sides of his head#a Japanese-style lion on his bicep#the sword of Gryffindor on his neck#FIERCE on his chest#Lilies on his arm#A star on his shoulder for each loved one he’s lost#and the Deathly Hallows symbol on his wrist#because it’s the same tattoo as me and I am trash#AS FOR RON#He has the weasley family clock on his bicep#it is also magical and works the same as his mom’s clock#MUM on his neck#BRAVE on his neck#and it’s not a tattoo but his has Scars on his arms from the brain tentacle things#I should have done way more for Hermione but lets pretend she’s just now getting into tattoos#She has STRENGTH on her chest#The Hogwarts motto across her throat#and ink and quill on her shoulder#my art#shut up cara#also I’ve started sketches of James Lily Sirius Remus Snape and Draco#ahahahahaaaaaaa
Imagine your OTP stuck in an elevator after they’ve had a fight.
I want to write this so badly.
↳ Prompt: Ruby + Earth
Hannah x Charlie teachers AU
requested by huntuer
The loud gurgling noise of the coffee maker seemed even more intrusive than usual today. Hannah sighed, head in her hands as she stared at her laptop screen, trying to concentrate. She had an hour to grade these essays, and time was wasting. Her laptop gave a soft ding and an airdrop alert popped up on the screen.
“Charlie’s Macbook” wants to send you the photo album “Adorable”.
Hannah frowned and looked over the top of her computer. Charlie, the cute and brilliant redheaded ICT teacher, was smiling cheekily at her. She raised her eyebrows and nodded at Hannah. With another sigh, Hannah opened the photo album.
The photos finished loading, and Hannah’s hand went to her mouth. There were five pictures, and they were all of Hannah herself, clearly taken while she was teaching or talking with the other teachers. She opened one and noticed the writing in small, brightly colored print - they weren’t just pictures. They were powerpoints, and the writing was all compliments and jokes to make her smile. On the last picture, there was a conclusion to the litany of compliments, a simple statement that Hannah was perfect. Along the bottom of the picture, there was an invitation to get coffee. And the whole thing was signed by Charlie.
Hannah couldn’t stop smiling. She looked up at Charlie again and nodded.
You're a good soldier, Hannah, and one of the best.
#all i want is big brother cas/little sister hannah:#on the road in their Continental#hannah sitting in the passenger seat with her feet propped up on the dashboard#reminding cas that turn signals exist for a reason because she is his bratty know it all sister#hannah in blue jean shorts and a t-shirt hanging out by a motel pool#while cas floats on the water wearing pink and yellow hawaiian print swim trunks#hannah and cas having stupid in-jokes#hannah and cas fighting over the tv remote every night#hannah and cas throwing popcorn at each other#hannah and cas guarding each other from harm#hannah and cas taking care of each other#hannah and cas learning to love each other the way big brothers and little sisters should#hannah and cas calling each other on the phone to make sure that the other’s all right#hannah and cas sharing a flat can of coke#hannah and cas taking a road trip to the grand canyon#hannah and cas going to disney world#cas wears mickey mouse ears and hananh wears the goofy hat#hannah and cas taking crappy selfies with cas’s camera phone#hannah and cas sticking their tongues out at each other#hannah and cas having an epic house shattering fight and slamming the doors to their bedrooms#hannah and cas giving each other the silent treatment#hannah and cas sticking elbows in each other’s ribs#i just want hannah to have a brother and cas to have a sister#please god almighty hear my prayers#hannah (via outpastthemoat)
when thinking about your ot3, consider this:
• who insists upon taking selfies every time they go somewhere
• who is frowning in the selfies
• who is smushed in the middle during the selfie taking?
Even now, even after everything (Ned’s death, the RW, all of ASOS) people are expecting a standard tropey story. So it’s only natural [for some fans to believe] that Jon and Dany’s stories will end with them falling in love, beating the bad guys, and then ruling Westeros together. And Tyrion also has to discover that he’s “special”, which will be his revenge on all the people who ever put him down, that he’s better than they ever were — his dad didn’t want him to be a Lannister? Fine, he’s *better* than a Lannister, that’s how he wins!
This is an excerpt from a private conversation Butterfly and I had a while ago (she made an excellent post expanding on these ideas here, and I highly recommend everyone go read it), but I wanted to post this excerpt because I’m *face palming* a lot today and Secret Targaryen Theorists are everywhere blergh. In case it’s not clear from the above excerpt, Butterfly was condemning the idea that Tyrion is Secretly Aerys’s son.
I don’t like what Tyrion being Not A Lannister would imply — or at least what many people would think it implies — specifically that House Lannister is ~the Evil House~ the same way that JKR lazily wrote Slytherin as ~the Evil House~
and too many people conveniently brush the Peter Pettigrew’s of Gryffindor under the rug.
I think GRRM is a better writer than that. Tyrion isn’t going to ~escape~ ~evil~ House Lannister by some accident of birth. (And LOL way to fucking dismiss Joanna as a Lannister, Secret Targ Theorists, of course only the father is important to someone’s identity, of course!!1!) However Tyrion’s story turns out, it will be the choices that Tyrion makes rather than the blood flowing through his veins that will define him.
ASOIAF is not about who your parents are, it’s about the choices you make. I know that seems strange given Westeros’s feudal-like society where this House system goes back to time immemorial and where people derive such a strong sense of identity from their House, but what House you’re from doesn’t matter when an ice zombie is trying to cut off your head.
TLDR - Tyrion Targaryen theories offend every fiber of my being.